The recent North Bay fires serves as a great reminder that we should prepare ourselves for any emergency situation.
1. Sign up for emergency alert notifications at http://www.dublin.ca.gov/alerts, where you can sign up to receive notifications from the City of Dublin, as well as from AC Alert, the county's emergency alert system.
2. Sign up for Twitter @DublinPIO; @DublinCAPolice; @AlamedaCoFire .
3. Register to receive text alerts from Nixle. Text your zip code to 888777.
4. Pack a "go bag," for each member of your family. This should be easily accessible in the event of any emergency situation. Visit: https://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit to learn what you should include in each bag. Many retailers also sell pre-packaged kits.
5. Make a disaster plan for your family so that you know how to evacuate your home, where to meet up if you are separated, etc. Time may not always be on your side. Visit https://www.ready.gov/make-a-plan for more information.
6. Support Dublin’s disaster preparedness efforts and register as a Disaster Service Volunteer! Register at https://www.calopps.org/dublin/job-16680082