May 2, 2018
East Bay Municipal Utility District
375 11th St., 2nd Floor Board Room
Oakland, CA 94607
Small Business Week Panel: Building Blocks of Export Success
Wednesday, May 2, 2018
As part of Small Business Week, the East Bay Economic Development Alliance
is presenting a panel on the "Building Blocks of Export Success."
Exporting can enable small businesses to increase sales and profit, reduce dependence on the domestic market, and stabilize seasonal fluctuations. In this workshop, learn how to get into the exporting business to better compete in today’s global marketplace.
Considerations in taking your business to go global:
- Resources and partners to help refine your export business strategy
- Financial considerations in negotiating an export sale
- Methods of payment to be considered for an export sale
- New tax considerations as a result of the tax reform act
- Export tax incentives for US businesses
This event is free and open to the public.
If you cannot attend this in-person event, check out the National Small Business Week webinars offered online May 1-3, 2018 by the U.S. Small Business Administration and SCORE Association.