Dublin Pride Week
Volunteer Day Register today for Dublin Pride Volunteer Day! Volunteer on a project that matches your interest or passion. All ages are welcome however for safety reasons anyone under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult. The City of Dublin and Zone 7 require a signed waiver from all participants. Please download and sign the waiver and bring it with you to the event. Extra blank waivers will be on hand the day of the event.
Please note that most of the projects are at a different site from our meeting place, so you will need transportation from Emerald Glen Park to your project around 8:45 and back to Emerald Glen Park around 12:00 noon if you wish to join us for lunch and the volunteer fair.
Here are some tips to help make your Volunteer Day experience a success:
- Bring a copy of your signed volunteer waiver: http://dublin.ca.gov/documentcenter/view/11967
- Bring a reusable water bottle. Hydration stations will be on site for filling bottles.
- Wear close-toed shoes, long pants, and a hat.
- Bring your own work gloves, however latex gloves will be available for all volunteers.
- Don’t forget sunscreen!
- 8:00-8:30 Registration and breakfast
- 8:30-8:45 Brief speeches and tool assignments
- 8:45-12:00 Volunteering!
- 12:00-1:00 Volunteer BBQ
- 11:30-1:00 Volunteer Fair- learn about year round volunteer opportunities
Volunteers help assist elderly citizens in taking care of home maintenance projects such as house cleaning, yard work, washing windows, painting, etc. There are no special skills required, just a willingness to help.
Volunteer Day Projects
School ProjectsAssist a Dublin Unified School District campus with projects that range from weeding, planting, cleaning, painting and more.
Beautify one of Dublin's 19 parks by planting, weeding, mulching, and more.
Remove litter from our waterways to support a healthy watershed.
Non-Profit OrganizationsSupport the Children's Emergency Food Bank by volunteering to promote the food drive at a local grocery store.
Parks Reserve Forces and Training Area
Help build a community garden for residents and the public to enjoy.